Monday, June 16, 2008

South Fredonia

While much of the neighborhood just south of downtown has changed drastically, we were pleased to find this unassuming house still standing in its original location. The historical photo was taken from the middle of South Fredonia St. facing north. We experienced a slight alignment problem with the porch between the original and our recreated photo. It seems that the house is sitting at a higher elevation than it was in 1909. We theorized that this could be due to the fact that all the other houses closer to Banita creek were condemned in the 1970's due to flooding.  This house may have been spared because they were able to raise it up several feet.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I used to be a student of Chris'. I graduated in 2005, is the blue house on South Fredonia number 601? If so, I used to live there!! Its a pretty freaky house. Anyway I think its amazing what y'all are doing and I'm jealous that I'm not there anymore!